Whether, you are selling your home, for any reason, buying a first – home, or either, moving – up, or trading – down, it is beneficial, to be able to realistically, evaluate the actual VALUE of a property! One of the key benefits of hiring the right, real estate professional, is their experience, expertise, knowledge of the local real estate market, and, using those assets, effectively, to develop and create, a meaningful, relevant, Competitive Market Analysis, or, CMA. This process considers numerous, relevant factors, in an unemotional way, and focusing on how, a particular property compares, to others, in that specific area/ region/ neighborhood. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means an d represents, and why it matters.
1. Vision; various; values; views: One of the challenges, people face, when they try to sell their home, themselves (a, so – called, FSBO, or, For Sale By Owner), is their personal, emotional connection to their home. A homeowner’s vision of the value of their property, often, differs, significantly, with the perceptions of potential buyers! This process improves, when various methods, approaches, etc, are considered! Appealing homes appeal to buyers’ values, and, it is essential, to get, a large number of views, from qualified, potential buyers, if, you are to get the best offers!
2. Appraise; assessment; area: Appraised, assessed, and true, market value, are often, considerably different! Agents are not licensed assessors, but, have the expertise to know, what the specific area, might bare, and, thus, to recommend the smartest listing price, in order to create the best, possible price, in the shortest period of time, with a minimum of hassle!
3. Listen; learn; listing: When you hire an agent, you must effectively listen, and learn, from the individual’s expert recommendations, and efforts! Since, the best offer, usually comes, in the first few weeks, it is essential to create the most effective, productive, listing price!
4. Uses; usual/ unusual; urge: Objectively, evaluate, and consider, both, the usual, and usual aspects, of your specific property! What about it, might prod, and urge others, to seek your house? Are there any specific uses, which might make the house, more attractive, to others?
5. Emphasis; excellence: How one’s agent might market your home, and where he places his emphasis, often, impacts the quality of the end – results! Never accept good – enough, from the agent, you hire, but, demand, the utmost degree of relevant, strategic, professional, excellence!
Do you know what the VALUE of your house, is? How, well – prepared, will you be?